In Part IV of the Republice, Plato makes an argument that describes to problematice nature of liberty. Explain his argument. Connect his stance on liberty with his critique of democracy.
Needs one source. (The Republic)
Needs a few quotes from the book that shows Plato’s argument
Company Analysis Paper
Each project team is to analyze the managerial accounting system employed by a company of the team’s choice. The analysis should be based on the company’s annual report to stockholders, its 10K report filed with the Securities Exchange Commission, interviews with company personnel, and any other information the project team can access. The team should analyze the strengths, weaknesses, and effectiveness of the system in supporting the control and decision-making processes of the company. The team is to determine whether the company is well managed and identify the company’s management challenges and opportunities. In the event that the project team is unable to secure sufficient information from a company to analyze its managerial accounting function, an alternate approach will be required. One such approach is to select a publicly held company or an operating division of such a company and then design the appropriate managerial accounting system, addressing as many of the course topics as possible.
The paper should be completed in Microsoft Word and should adhere to the following outline:
• History / background of the company and industry
• Statement of problem
Critically analyse theories and concepts that inform ‘Global Youth Work’
· Critically analyse the key concepts of ‘globalisation’ and ‘Inter-cultural ‘ youth work
· Apply an understanding of the link between ‘globalisation’ and its impact on young people
and the local communities;
· Apply the principles and practices of intercultural youth work to their own work settings;
· Develop skills in intercultural communication, and address issues of cultural diversity and equal opportunities; and anti- discriminatory practice
· Design an effective curriculum for global and intercultural youth work with focused achievable outcomes
· Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect upon learning of self and participants
Death of a Salesman are two of the most enduring characters in 20th century drama. Compare and contrast Blanche and Willy. Below are some, but by no means all, of the areas you should focus on, keeping in mind that these areas can overlap:
►How their pasts have contributed to their characters as we see them in the present time of the plays
►How the social milieu in which they have lived has contributed to making them who they are.
►The ideals both of them live by.
►The illusions Blanche and Willy have about themselves and about their worlds.
►Their relationships with the key individuals in their lives.
It must be typed in 12 point font
You need to incorporate the comments of at least two critics into your paper. Since I am looking for clear, fluid, insightful writing that integrates your own ideas with those of the critics, footnotes and a bibliography are not necessary; however, you must indicate the critical source in what is called a signal phrase. No more than 3 pages!
Determine the ethical implications of businesses polluting in a third world country. Explain your rationale.
Suggest the reasons a business may conduct operations in a third world country and disregard any standards of pollution control.
It has been said that pollution is the price of progress. Assess the connections between economic progress and development, on the one hand, and pollution controls and environmental protection, on the other.
Support the argument that human beings have a moral right to a livable environment regardless of the country they live in.
Take a position on whether wealthy nations have an obligation to provide poorer nations with, or help them develop, greener industries and sources of energy. Explain your rationale.
Propose a plan for uniform global pollution control standards and how you would enforce them.
Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Assume you have to prepare a presentation on your paper. Describe four major characteristics of your audience and explain ways you will use the elements of ethos, logos, and pathos to convince the audience of your views.
Explain the economic and other business environmental factors that are likely to impact the availability of short-term financing. Provide support for your rationale.
Based on your response to the previous question, suggest how any negative effects can be minimized to ensure the availability of short-term financing. Provide support for your position.
Analyze the ways in which businesses manage working capital. Determine the single greatest challenge to small businesses and how those challenges may be addressed. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Assume that a business has mismanaged its working capital and does not have sufficient cash to cover its financial obligations. Suggest which current assets mismanagement most likely contributed to the shortfall and how management can correct the situation. Provide support for your rationale.
Select one team’s Genetics, Brain Structure, and Behavior Presentation to evaluate. These are posted in the week 4 main forum under a separate thread.
Conduct original research on this topic and evaluate the team’s presentation in a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper and include the following:
• A detailed description of the selected illness
• An explanation of the neurological damage or changes to the brain as a result of the illness
• An explanation of the behavioral or functional changes that can occur as a result of the illness
• A description of the suspected or known causes of the illness
• A discussion of current treatments or therapies and future research for the prevention or cure of the illness
• The role of genetics on the onset of the illness
• The visual appeal of the presentation
• The overall organization of the information presented
• Include at least two references in the paper from peer-reviewed sources
• APA format must be used
• Write in 3rd person
• Post to assignment link
Leadership profile should include 10 of the following:
1. which historical theorist(s) would your leader’s style reflect (Mintzberg, Hawthorne, McGregor, HENRI FAYOL,MAX WEBER,ABRAHAM MASLOW)
2. why does your leader fit the definition of entrepreneur
3. which decision making style does your leader use (autocratic, democratic …)
4. SWOT analysis of your leader’s organization (most current company the leader is leading)(strength, weakness, opportunity, treats)
5. Identify personal traits of your leader
6. emotional intelligence traits your leader exhibits or is lacking
7. motivation techniques used –Herzberg’s Motivators/ Reinforcement Theories/ Equity Theory …
8. ethical ideology – utilitarianism/ deontology/ relativism
9. ethical issues faced/ rationalizations for choices made/organizational barriers vs. the whistleblower
10. corporate social responsibility strategy applied (obstructionist, defensive, etc.)
11. non-traditional work arrangements
12. effective planning (participative, benchmarking, contingency …)
13. task vs. relationship (people) leadership
14. transformational/ transactional leadership?