Track the public debt over the past thirty years and consider the following:
1. It’s present size and its per capital implications.
2. Changes over a five year gap from 1970 to present as it relates to the expenditure pattern stated earlier.
3. The composition of the national debt as it relates to government investment and consumption. You may take treat expenditure on social programs as an investment.
4. Reflect on the investment and consumption levels in election years during this period.
Write a one page response of between 1250 to 1500 words commenting on the impact of Canada’s current debt on the average citizen as well as on the next generation. Examine both positive and negative impacts.
Produce a presentation. The Presentation must be written in professional manner and properly referenced. The presentation must be designed for 20 slides maximum. You should use tables and diagrams to support your presentation to illustrate the text. You may produce the Presentation in a group however you must provide speaker notes for each slide individually.
Assessment Type: Individual*
*You may choose to research individually although you are highly encouraged to work within a group of 2- 3 group members in gathering information. You must however produce the presentation individual and are marked individually.
Read the following introduction on Sony Ericsson.
Sony Ericsson is one the world’s leading providers of mobile multimedia devices including phones, accessories and PC cards. Established in 2001 as a 50:50 joint venture of Japanese company Sony, a leading consumer electronics supplier, and a Swedish company Ericsson, market-leader in network infrastructure and telecoms, Sony Ericsson is a global company having their global management based in London and R&D in Sweden, UK, France, Netherlands, India, Japan, China and the US.
Sony Ericsson has a key presence in both developed and developing markets and is the world’s fourth-largest maker of handsets. Employing over 7,500 employees over 40 countries, the management team is led by President Hideki Komiyama, a former senior executive of Sony Europe and Executive Vice-President and Head of Sales Anders Runevad, the former President of Ericsson Brazil (sonyericsson.com).
The main competitors of Sony Ericsson are Motorola, Inc., Nokia and Samsung. This is an industry depending on purchases, telephone and cable companies, data communication providers and broadcasters. Sony Ericsson sales in Q3 2008 is €2,808m and this is a 10% decline from Q3 2007 results which was €3,108m. Their gross profit has dropped by 35% from 2007 to 2008 (Sony Ericsson Press Release 17/10/2008)
The above is Sony Ericsson’s position in year 2008. Carry out an extensive research and analysis on Sony Ericsson and produce a presentation on below points.
Explain the context of Business Strategy. Using Sony Ericsson’s as an example explain, what mission, visions, objectives, goals and core competencies of an organisation (LO 1.1)
Identify and explain Sony Ericsson Stake holders and explain the importance of stakeholder analysis. (LO 2.3)
Conduct an environmental and organisational audit on Sony Ericsson. As a minimum requirement you must carry out a PESTLE analysis, Porter 5 Force analysis and an internal audit. (LO 2.1, 2.2)
Review the issues involved in strategic planning and explain the different planning techniques available (LO 1.2, 1.3)
Learning Outcomes and Criteria covered by this Assignment
Summary of learning outcomes
To achieve this unit a learner must:
1. Understand the process of strategic planning
2. Be able to formulate a new strategy
3. Understand approaches to strategy evaluation and selection
4. Understand how to implement a chosen strategy.
On successful completion of this unit a learner will:
LO 1 Understand the process of strategic planning
LO 1.1 explain strategic contexts and terminology – missions, visions, objectives, goals, core competencies
LO 1.2 review the issues involved in strategic planning
LO 1.3 explain different planning techniques
Compare and contrast the origins and religious development of the Chesapeake and New England colonies in the 17th century. I have to write a five page paper, basically comparing and contrasting the religious development in the Chesapeake and New England regions. I want to write two pages on religious development in the Chesapeake and two pages for religious development in New England. I have to use two secondary sources for background on the two regions and four primary sources to argue my point.
Taylor, Alan. American Colonies, (2001).
Bonomi, Patricia. Under the Cope of Heaven: Religion, Society, and Politics in Colonial America, (1986).
Eric Foner’s Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History, (2011). Volume One, Third Edition.
page 21 – 24, Richard Hakluyt, an Argument for Colonization from A Discourse Concerning Western Planting
page 26 – 28, Maryland Act Concerning Religion
page 28 – 31, John Winthrop, Speech to the Massachusetts General Court
page 38 – 40, Roger Williams, Letter to the Town of Providence
Introduction of brand .. company background and business portfolio, mission statement, level of market orientation and how customer value is delivered, relevant product information and core competencies.
Please write a first page responding to the following 2 questions:
1. Analyze the purpose of inventory management as it applies to operations management, and then evaluate the advantages and disadvantages evident in the use of the ABC classification system.
2. Suggest a situation in which safety stock must be utilized, and then determine how the organization should decide on the reorder point when using this methodology
Please use a few of the above Leaning concepts:
• Describe the different types and uses of inventory.
• Describe the objectives of inventory management.
• Calculate inventory performance measures.
• Understand the relevant costs associated with inventory.
• Perform ABC inventory control and analysis.
• Understand the role of cycle counting in inventory record accuracy.
• Understand the role of inventory in service organizations.
• Calculate order quantities.
• Evaluate the total relevant costs of different inventory policies.
• Understand why companies don’t always use the optimal order quantity.
• Understand how to justify smaller order sizes.
• Calculate appropriate safety stock inventory policies.
• Calculate order quantities for single-period inventory.
Please write a second page responding to the following 2 questions:
1. Illustrate, using one example, a situation that utilizes aggregate planning, and then determine which level (chase or hybrid) should be used by the organization in the situation you have illustrated. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
2. Compare and contrast two or three aggregate plans for companies with tangible products against aggregate plans for companies with nontangible products. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
Please use a few of the above Leaning concepts:
• Explain business planning.
• Explain sales and operations planning
• Identify different aggregate planning strategies and options for changing demand and/or capacity in aggregate plans.
• Develop aggregate plans, calculate associated costs, and evaluate the plan in terms of operations, marketing, finance, and human resources.
• Describe the differences between aggregate plans for service organizations and manufacturing companies
1- Why do some scholars believe that China may become the next global superpower? Do you agree? why or why not? Include specific facts regarding China to support your view. your answer should be (one page)
2- Why could China be labeled the ”Land of Contradictions?” Be sure to address both the physical and human geography of this region. In what areas might the future of the country’s development lie?
? Write a review of Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass from the perspective of either a Southern Plantation owner OR a Northern Abolitionist
o You should take on the identity of one of these historical figures and describe what you have read from your selected viewpoint
? Your review should include at least the following:
o a basic description of what you believe the author’s purpose may be o the type of “evidence” he uses to support his case.o the accuracy of his story
o the effectiveness of his presentation
o You may reference real events and history but you don’t have to
? You may write in the first person since this is a personal viewpoint
A social movement is a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals (Dictionary.com). There are many ways people can go about to start a social movement. Protests are usually what social movements consist of, but other movements are silent or even come in a musical form. Some of us take many things for granted but in other countries something as simple as a bus fare and the increase of its fees is crucial. Recent protests in brazils have counted my attention specifically the miss use of public funding to prepare for the world Olympics.
Questions I seek to answer:
1. How does the world view Brazil’s treatment of its citizens as Brazil closing down schools and hospitals for states of building sports arenas?
2. Why is it important for the world to know what’s going on in Brazil?
3.How important is identity when in a social movement? Economic status
4.How do social movements benefit the people?
5. How can the world participant in brazils social movement.
In this paper I will explore what is going on in Brazil, specifically the extreme unequal distribution of the wealth and how the government is closing down schools, hospitals and peoples homes. This paper will also examine the use of protest and its benefits, the use of art and how well the protesters succeed into getting their message across to the public. In addition, the origins of this protest will also be covered.
Silvia Roberta Nara. 7-11-13. In Brazil Protest, people triumphed in the streets but new uncertainties emerged. Http://www.occupy.com/article/brazil-protests-people-triumphed-streets-new-uncertainties-emerged
Taking to the streets; Protest in Brazil. The economist.(Jun 22, 2013. Proquest database.
Bevins, Vincent. The world; protest continues across Brazil; Tens of thousands rally against rising bus fares and police abuse. [Los Angeles, Ca] 18 June 2013: A.3
Businessline. Brazil to allocate $25 billion to improve public transport.25 June 2013. Proquest datebase.
Carlsen, Laura. Protesters’ Demands Expand from Free Fare to Fair Society.La Prensa San Diego [San Diego, Calif] 28 June 2013: 3.
Goodman, Joshua; Colitt, Raymond; Biller, David. Street protest strengthen in brazil. Daily Press [Newport News, Va] 22 June 2013: A.13.
1- Why is the ”Middle East” considered such a pivotal region? Why is there so much conflict in this region?
2-Describe the physical and human geographies of the countries surrounding India; Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal,and Maldives. How do the differ?
3- What factors have led to the recent economic successes of Asia ‘s Pacific Rim nation?What specific obstacles dose Japan ‘s continued hegemony (or leadership) in this realm face?
Assignment # 3 Choose between “Urban Competitiveness,” “Aerospace in California” (if not chosen for assignment 1), or “Clusters,” (if not chosen for assignment 1), again following the guidance for assignments 1 and 2, “Summarize the article you chose and discuss its impacts and implications for California – does the subject matter presented afford opportunities for California? Is California in decline relative to the industry or concept discussed? What are the challenges, risks, and likely outcomes from your point of view? Alternatively, if you did not write about this article for the first or second assignment, you can read the “Water Privatization” article which is global in nature and summarize the article and discuss the pro’s and con’s of water privatization and your views relative to that subject.
I uploaded the 3 articles. You can choose which ever one you like.